Thursday, April 1, 2010

Food Revolution!

Ok, people, I have two words for you.......

J a m i e  O l i v e r 

I NEED to know this man.

He is the host for the new ABC show on Friday nights, Jamie Oliver's FOOD REVOLUTION.  Heard of it?

Someone tell me, please, before I blow a gasket.........why on earth has it taken this long for media to turn their attention to the absolute absurd eating habits in this country???.....and what's worse......it took a Brit to do it!

Embarrassment, people, embarrassment.

If you have not seen this show, you need to.

You will laugh, cry, throw-up, clap, and praise God all in the same hour. :)

THANK YOU, Jamie Oliver, for having the golf balls to stand in your purpose.....if I had a glass of wine in my hand I'd be lifting it as I type.

Basically, Jamie Oliver, a healthy chef, has taken on what is supposedly the unhealthiest town in America and has infiltrated the school lunch system as well as people's homes and other levels of society only to be challenged every step of the way by unhealthy, negative, byproducts of the SAD (Standard American Diet) way of being in America. 

Tricky thing, telling people they are unhealthy and doing it all wrong.......

As a healthy living coach, I have the good fortune to help change the lives of those who are ready, willing, and seeking change......but this poor man is thrown into situations where many of the receivers of his message are not ready to make the change........my hats off.

It's hard to look at ourselves and take responsibility for our health because our health and physical appearance are in part the result of our lifestyle habits and our emotions......not always easy things to own.

And, like a book, our habits and emotions write the chapters of our lives and our physical appearance becomes the story teller.  What story does your physical appearance tell?  I'm packing an extra 7 lbs. I like to call my Sonoma 7, which is the most recent chapter of my life. 

It is a beautiful thing when someone is ready to step out of the comfort zone, let go of the poor habits, stop the self abuse, and replace it with habits of self love. 

I pray this show goes BIG because we are in trouble, people.  Look around.

The media is a powerful tool for change, and this could be a big step in the right direction, so please visit the web site, sign the petition, and join the revolution.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/campaigns/jamies-food-revolution.

QFTD:  "Be the change you want to see"......anonymous.

Yours in revolutionary change,

Heather

PS. Wendi and Sarah, thanks for joining my Blog!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen it, but need to. I heard it's just atrocious. Great post, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The show sure is entertaining, has great editing and an unfortunate cast of naysayers ...please know that just because Jamie Oliver is promoting healthy eating, (in his quaint accent), does not mean that all of England can set a healthy example! They also frequently eat fried foods, pastries and high fat content meats... and dessert with each meal in the town in which I grew up!

    Hopefully, if enough people get on board, funding for the school lunch program will increase and better products and healthier cooking techniques can be implemented?

    I hate to be cynical, however, I am doubtful we will see it in our children's school life as the powers that be seem to drag their feet on these kinds of issues...

    I am loving the show and hope that it changes "food attitude" all over!

    Nice post, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gilly! Well said from the chef herself! Valuable input, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Heather! Your passion is contagious... I know you are spreading good food choices to anyone who comes into contact with you! Love you girl! MISS you so much!

    ReplyDelete