Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy foods!

Don't worry, be HAPPY!!! :-)

HaPPy! happY!  HAppY!!!! 

Ok, are you ready to throw up yet? 

I actually have a cheerleader suit on and I'm jumping up and down with Happiness! Yaaaaayyyy ME!!

(finger in the mouth yet?)

You're probably thinking this cheerleader needs to stuff her pom poms right down her big smiley mouth, and I don't blame you.  Or maybe your saying I want some of whatever she's drinking!  Ahhh, how smart you are....

Am I really that happy????........well, lets just say I'm excited about getting HAPPIER by DRINKING more foods that support feeling Good. 

The movie FAT, SICK, and NEARLY DEAD was a great reminder that I can do so much better with my feel good food intake, even better than I am doing now, which is usually in the ball park of 75/25.  It was a huge reminder of the POWER of juicing, which provides dense amounts of phyto-nutrients (nutrients from plants) for our happy wellness of being.

Do me a favor, imagine yourself drinking a wonderful tasting freshly juiced beverage with both fruits and vegetables in it.  The rainbow..... take a moment to experience actually drinking it, tasting it, feeling it nourishing your body.

Ok, how do you feel?

I swear when I did it peptides started marching throughout my body singing hallelujah!

Now let me ask you this:

On a scale of 1-10 how happy were you today?  Were you as happy as you would like to be?  If not, does the reason have to do with:

your state of health?
your fitness level?
body composition?
tiredness?
level of stress?
sleeplessness?

Read on my friend...........happiness is only a green drink away.

It's true, you cheerleader you, the foods you eat can actually affect your mood.  As a matter of fact, 80% of our serotonin (that wonderful "feel good" chemical our body produces that helps us to be happy) is actually produced in the stomach! And, the stomach actually has it's own nervous system!  No wonder foods affect our mood so much.  Doesn't it make sense that we feel uplifted when we consume foods that are full of nutrients that help make serotonin??

Conversely, how do we feel after we eat a few slices of pizza or a burger and fries?

Try keeping a diet log and marking down how you feel after you eat certain things.  Listen to what your body is saying....your body will tell you if it doesn't like something, I can assure you.

Here's some Body Talk for you.....try protein from something that had eyes and TONS of veggies and fruits daily. A great way to get lots of nutrients from fruits and veggies at one time is to try juicing.

.........I'm ON IT folks.   Let the cleanse begin! 

This time it's a quick, 4 day deal, ending with my husband's b-day on Friday, but I will still keep it clean through the weekend, just not perfect.   More like 80/20 over the weekend, per usual.

Here's what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow.........

1 clove garlic
1/4 avocado
1/2 lime juice
bunch of kale
pinch of salt
2 cups of water

all blended into frothy yum.........

Hello Cells!  Love ya!  Here's comes some yummie green stuff for your nourishment pleasure!

And lunch......

kale, feta, red onion, olive oil salad, with 4 oz. citrus poached salmon (not juiced :)

Dinner......

My favorite chocolate protein shake:  almond butter, banana, chocolate protein powder, almond milk, water, ground flax seeds.

Try it, happy foods.  Fruits and veggies from the colors of the rainbow as your main food staple.  Add in some lean organic protein and healthy fats and you are going to be one HAPPY (and hot looking) CAMPER.

QFTD:  Whoever is happy makes others happy too.  -Mark Twain

Yours in happy food delight,

Heather

3 comments:

  1. Oh man... a juicer is one of those coveted items on my wish list!! I'm so jealous of you.
    In the mornings I like to make a fruit smoothie with frozen berries, protein powder, and spinach! This is my happy food.

    Great post Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah! I use the blender for a lot of juices. the recipe above I actually used a blender and the kale smoothed out just fine. it's delicious! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I found your blog because I was looking for other people affected by that film! I was also and am on day 31 of my juice fast. I saw it March 2009 and it took me a while, but I am full-juice ahead. Pop over if you'd like: http://thinkingjuicefast.blogcpot.com

    ReplyDelete