Saturday, January 23, 2010

and we're rollin!

Hello Body Bloggers!

Hey, guess what, my good friend Marina reminded me that tomorrow (Wednesday, 27th) on Oprah they are talking about healthy eating and "do you really know what's in your food?"..........She is interviewing Michael Pollan and Alicia Silverstone. Seriously worth your time if you can watch it.

How was the weekend? 80/20 rule?

THE RULE ROCKS.

If you haven't already tried it, start this week. Keep a journal of everything you eat and drink. EVERYTHING. Are you following the 80/20 rule? Or is it more like the 20/80 rule? Surprisingly, it's usually the drinks that get ya. Lemme know how it goes....

Well, my girls and I started our "cleanse" this week. I really don't like that word for several reasons...........C L E A N S E ..... What do you think of when you hear that word? Starving for a week while drinking some nasty tasting yuk? Douching during a full moon? Getting rid of the junk your husband has been holding onto forever? Getting rid of the husband?? Just kidding. :)

To clarify what we are doing...........we are eating a clean, whole foods diet of mostly raw veggies, healthy fats, and lean proteins. We are also drinking daily shakes which include a cleansing powder that supports the liver. The process is gentle and mostly involves removing toxins from our diet such as white sugar, white flour, dairy, wheat/gluten, alcohol, coffee, processed foods, and fried foods. That's it. During this time it's the 100% rule. Lot's of water and exercise. we feel gooood!

SO, the club.

Now we are just "the club".

We rock. Ok, I'm sayin' it! We are bitches on roller skates and takin' names while we roll!

Hey, wait a minute! That's a great idea! We need to get our roll on here in Sonoma! Roller skating around Sonoma would be awesome!

I'm telling you, we are having a blast with this new exercise club! You really should do one with your friends.........

Oops, for the love of God, it's past my bed time! It's almost 10 and I am supposed to be in bed by 9:30. It's usually 9, but I have pushed it back lately to be productive. :)

Ever since I was in High School my mom preached to me about the importance of going to bed by 9. Ya know what? it stuck with me. I still go to bed by 9....and so should you sister you-out-there! When you sleep your body is doing much of it's very important repair work. Important for ANTI-AGING. Needed to pull that word out so you would listen to me.

Sleep IS one of the TOP secrets for beauty, girls, listen up.

Sleep and water........don't tell anyone I told you those two secrets. I am thinking about writing a book. ;)

QFTD: "If it tastes good spit it out!" - jack Lalanne

Yours in anti-aging,

Heather

PS. Kathy and Cristina thanks for joining my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment