Wednesday, January 20, 2010

So proud of my girls!

It's basically a Monsoon out there and we are still going strong with the exercise and 80/20 rule....

My friends Michelle and Tanya, being the warriors that they are, braved the elements and grew because of it......

I'm inspired, ladies, way to go......

No kidding, Tanya is a marathon runner and a professional BAKER. Can those words even be used in the same sentence? Think maybe she runs because she bakes?? Oh, and BTW, her last name happens to be Baker -how cute is that?

Here's the visual. She's fit, tall, gorgeous, talented in the kitchen, AND one of the greatest gals you'd ever meet. One of those people that makes everything look easy breezy. She also happens to be one of my heroes for the mere fact that she makes running doable for me. Last week when we met at the track (a few of us from the group) I SO almost did not go because I didn't want to look like a fool. No, you have no idea how deconditioned (is that a word) I am compared to these Divas. But I put on my big girl panties and made myself step out of the comfort zone for a beating..........

After we were finished, I, in my "mommy look at me" proudness, gave Mrs. Baker, the baker, the coach, a ride home. And wouldn't ya know, on the way home she told me that she was nervous too? Yea, here I was all worked up about looking like a fool, and SHE, the seasoned runner, was nervous about nobody showing up to run with her. Lesson girls, if you are feeling uncomfortable about a situation, chances are, you are not the only one feeling that way.

Did you know that most people eat the same 12-15 foods and participate in the same 3 forms of exercise their entire lives..........something to think about.

Here's some advice.........Mix your exercise like you mix your cocktails. Try something new and see how you feel. :)

Now, there are a few kinds of exercise I just do not do.....running was one of them......yoga is another.

Here's why.

They cause me pain.

I am a wimp and have been WAY too comfortable in my recent years. Life has been a little too good, if you know what I mean, comfy cozy, little me not stepping up in the way that I know I should and could. I was too busy......

WRONG!

Lazy, is more like it. Missing the mark as far as healthy balance goes, and I have the extra 10 lbs to prove it.

So we also have 2 gorgeous gals in our exercise group who happen to be a yoga instructor (Amber) and a ballet instructor (Sarah). Again, drop dead beautiful and easy breezy. Love these gals. So how I am going to face not joining in to their yoga and ballet classes? It's like Jr. High.....I so want to be part of the group and I don't want to hurt their feelings, but, for the sake of risking major embarrassment and pain, I must make excuses, oops, I mean, gracefully decline.

So why don't I just give it a try?

I honestly think it's because my butt is too wide for my feet. I fall over. I'm cereal. It is painful for me.

For the love of God, and I mean this sincerely, because he gave me frozen fish sticks for legs that will snap in two if you try to bend em, I can't imagine how I can possibly be that beautiful, free-flowing picture of grace I so desire to be.....

In cheerleading I always chose the longest skirt (and in the 80's they were long) to cover the 12 plus inch space between me and the floor when I was doing the splits. Today it would be more like 36 inches.....

Went to a wonderful mother's meditation group recently and had to use like 4 major props to help me sit Indian style.....humiliating.

My feet are so stiff I cant tuck them under my body so when it was time to get up to walk I had to let my feet defrost for a few minutes before standing. Ouch..... Totally felt like everyone was noticing how unlimber I am, but, of course, they were not. They were lovely, open, incredibly supportive women with much to offer. It was all me, baby, all me.

In my defense, thought....I tried that very hot yoga before and actually loosened up and could touch my toes. Think maybe I'll start there...... I want to make my girls proud.

I used to have dreams about doing the splits and being limber. it was so cool....

Parsley, Karen, Beth, Jen, Rene, Amy, and Marina.........thanks so much for joining my blog!

QFTD: (long, but worth it)

PHILOSOPHY DRIVES ATTITUDE
ATTITUDE DRIVES ACTIONS
ACTIONS DRIVE RESULTS
RESULTS DRIVE LIFESTYLES

IF YOU DONT LIKE YOUR LIFESTYLE, LOOK AT YOUR RESULTS
IF YOU DONT LIKE YOUR RESULTS, LOOK AT YOUR ACTIONS
IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR ACTIONS, LOOK AT YOUR ATTITUDE
IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR ATTITUDE,
LOOK AT YOUR PHILOSOPHY
- Jim Rohn

Yours in philosophical alignment,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment