Friday, January 15, 2010

girlfriends......

What would we do without them?

Janelle, Jessica, Jaime, Michelle, Georgie and Judy.....I love you guys for following my Blog......Thank you for your support. I am so lucky to have such wonderful, strong, talented women to share this with.....and I must say, I am not surprised you are the first to join. Class act sisters, class acts.

Speaking of girlfriends, remember I told you about that awesome little exercise club my posse and I started?

LOVE!

You seriously need to do this with your friends. We are now setting up a shared Google calendar that we can all access which lists all the fun exercise options here in Sonoma. We exercise together, share healthy recipes and snack ideas and we are also planning occasional outings together to mix it up such a bike outings, spa days, tennis tournaments and healthy cooking classes. So much fun!!

For dinner tonight I am making healthy fish tacos:

1lb. tolapia
1 c. organic chunky salsa of your choice - I like the fire roasted kind with corn and blk beans in it
1c. orange juice.
1tbsp olive oil
shredded mixed cabbage (cole slaw mix works well)
organic mixed greens
fresh avocado
fresh salsa for garnish
cilantro
shredded organic Monterey Jack and lite sour cream - optional
organic corn tortillas

In a frying pan, heat olive oil. Add fish and brown for 30 sec. on each side. Then combine fire roasted chunky salsa with orange juice and pour over fish. Cover with lid and let simmer 3-6 minutes until fish is lightly cooked through. Lightly warm corn tortillas in pan with a touch of olive oil or coconut cooking spray. Put out all garnishings "buffet style" and have your guests build their own tacos.

Dessert we are having Raspberry and Peach Champagne Sorbet with Gluten Free Brownie Bite on top.:)

80/20 rule baby!

Have a great weekend all....

Quote of the Day: You are what you eat and what you think!

Yours in gratitude,

Heather

1 comment: